4.08.2011

Dewey's Read-A-Thon: I'm in!


I just signed up for Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon and I'm really excited! This will be my first read-a-thon. The read-a-thon begins at noon GMT, which is 7:00am in my timezone. I'm going to hit the bookstore later this evening to stock up on some new titles and then get a good nights sleep to wake up at 7. I'm not going to go crazy and not sleep on Saturday night, but I do plan on staying up as long as I can and reading as much as I can in the 24-hour period.

Since Spring has sprung I have been pretty busy and have let my reading fall by the wayside. This is the perfect excuse to drop everything for a little while and get back to reading. I'll post updates throughout the read-a-thon and hop around to check on other participants. If you'd like to join me, head over to here to sign up.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so bummed I'm not participating this time around! My parents are in town so I don't think I can read (maybe at 10pm when they go to bed) ;) HAVE FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. readerreads, I've been wanting to one for awhile and this is the first time I didn't have something going on. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad you decided to do it. I'd also been wanting to do one for awhile and it was always at a bad time. I'm not going to stay up all night either, but I'll hang in there as long as I can. As much as I love reading, I love sleep too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avid Reader, Thanks you too! I'll be sure to check in with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the read-a-thon! Hopefully I'll have a chance to drop by your blog tomorrow between chapters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wanted to do this but the bf and I are celebrating our anniversary this weekend, so it's packed with hiking and baseball games. Let me know how you feel after reading nonstop, because I seriously want to participate the next go around. I feel like the last one just ended--time does fly by. I'm interested to see what you pick to read, also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the readathon. Alas wedding planning is not allowing me to participate this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, good luck! Let us know what you read! Also, are you a member of goodreads?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kate, This is my first! So fun.

    Beth, I was busy during the one in October too. I'm happy I got a chance to participate this time around. I'll let you know how it goes!

    Janel, Maybe next time!

    fattyreader, I am on Goodreads but I haven't done anything to my profile - I just signed up one day and haven't really been back since. I have been meaning to get into it. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete